Board of Supervisors Meeting at 7:30 pm via Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8680530417?pwd=Z2ZEQm1iTGxFeEIrSC81MWJSQk11dz09 Meeting ID: 868 053 0417 Passcode: 3400
09 December 2020
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING VIA VIDEO CONFERENCE – DECEMBER 9, 2020 – AGENDA – 7:30 P.M.
AND ADOPTION OF THE 2021 BUFFALO TWP. BUDGET OF ALL FUNDS
1 – CALL THE DECEMBER 9, 2020, REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS TO ORDER
2 – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3 – THIS MEETING IS BEING RECORDED. IF ANYONE IS TAPING THIS MEETING, PLEASE STATE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS
4 – ROLL CALL
5 – ANNOUNCEMENT OF EXECUTIVE SESSIONS; PERSONNEL; AND/OR INFO-GATHERING MEETINGS OF THE BOARD:
- Gary Risch attended the Planning Commission Meeting via Zoom Video Conference on Wednesday, Dec 2.
- The Buffalo Township Board of Supervisors met via video conference with their Solicitor regarding personnel matters on Wednesday, Dec. 9.
6 – PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS
7 – APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES from the November 11, 2020 Regular Monthly Meeting of the
Buffalo Township Board of Supervisors as recorded
8 – ACCEPTANCE OF THE TREASURER’S REPORT FOR NOVEMBER 1-30, 2020 INCLUSIVE FOR AUDIT
9 – MOTION TO PAY THE MONTHLY BILLS
PROPOSED 2021 BUDGET OF ALL FUNDS
- CHAIRMAN TO ASK FOR QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/SUGGESTIONS from resident’s present, regarding the Supervisor’s Line Item Allocations and/or the Total Township Budget.
- MOTION TO ADOPT THE 2021 BUFFALO TWP. BUDGET OF ALL FUNDS – RESOLUTION #2020-14.
- MOTION TO ADOPT TAX RESOLUTION #2020-15, which establishes the 2021 tax rates, as follows:
½% Earned Income Tax
½% Real Estate Transfer Tax
$47 Local Services Tax
$10 Per Capita Tax (all persons 18 yrs. of age and older)
Buffalo Twp. Real Estate Tax – 5.5 ML
- REAPPROVAL OF PLAN NO. 2 REVISION OF LOT 2 FOR THE JOHN M. ALLEN JR. FAMILY TRUST.
- DISCUSSION REGARDING TOWNSHIP CREDIT CARD.
- SET REGULAR MONTHLY MEETINGS: Motion to set Regular Monthly Meetings at 7:30 pm, the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of the month. The months of June, July, August, November & December will be the 2nd Wednesday only. The Reorganization Meeting is Monday, January 4, 2021 at 7:00 pm with the Regular Monthly Meeting to immediately follow.
- LETTER OF REQUEST FROM RICHARD HEALEY FOR REAPPOINTMENT TO THE MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY BOARD FOR AN ADDITIONAL 5-YEAR TERM. HIS TERM IS SET TO EXPIRE ON DECEMBER 31, 2020.
- LETTER OF RESIGNATION FROM CARLA GARIA AS TAX COLLECTOR OF BUFFALO TOWNSHIP EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 31, 2020 AND A RECOMMENDATION LETTER FROM CARLA GARIA FOR ROBYN FLEISHMAN TO REPLACE HER AS BUFFALO TOWNSHIP TAX COLLECTOR TO FILL THE REMAINDER OF HER TERM WHICH ENDS DECEMBER 31, 2021.
- DISCUSSION/POSSIBLE MOTION TO APPOINT ROBYN FLEISHMAN TO FILL THE REMAINDER OF CARLA GARIAS TERM AS BUFFALO TOWNSHIP TAX COLLECTOR THRU THE END OF DECEMBER 31, 2021.
- DISCUSSION/POSSIBLE MOTION TO APPROVE CONTRACT/CONSULTING AGREEMENT WITH T.E.C GUY FOR GENERAL IT ASSISTANCE AND WEB ASSITANCE FROM 1/1/2021-6/1/2021 AT THE RATE OF $35.00/HOUR.
- DISCUSSION REGARDING THE CONSIDERATION OF THE TOWNSHIP’S ADOPTION OF ADDITIONAL ROADS IN THE VILLAGE OF SARVER’S MILL.
- RETROACTIVE MOTION TO APPROVE ADVERTISING THE BOARDS INTENT TO CONTRACT WITH A CPA FOR THE 2020 AUDIT.
PROPOSED AMENDMENT #4 TO ZONING ORDINANCE #135
Snug & Monk Properties are proposing to rezone Tax Parcel number 040-1F77-8 located at 128 Parker Road. The property is a total of 4.1 acres and is currently zoned “R-1”; they are proposing to change it to “A-1”. The property across the road from the proposed site is zoned “A-1”. The present use of the property is a “Single Family Residence”; the proposed use will be a Single-Family Residence with use for farm animals as well as an Historic Horse Farm with a Livestock Barn.
Rec’d Petition for Amendment for Zoning
Rec’d Filing Fee
Rec’d Legal Description of Property
Rec’d Map, showing location of property
Rec’d List of property owners within 300’
Rec’d Butler County Planning Commission Comments
Rec’d Municipal Authority of Buffalo Township Comments
Rec’d Bankson Engineer Comments
REMARKS FROM THE FLOOR ADJOURNMENT