Board of Supervisors Meeting at 7:30 pm
08 September 2021
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING– AGENDA – SEPTEMBER 8, 2021 -7:30 PM
1 – CALL THE SEPTEMBER 8, 2021 REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS TO ORDER
2 – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3 – THIS MEETING IS BEING RECORDED. IF ANYONE IS TAPING THIS MEETING, PLEASE STATE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS
4 – ROLL CALL
5 – ANNOUNCEMENT OF EXECUTIVE SESSIONS; PERSONNEL; AND/OR INFO-GATHERING MEETINGS OF THE BOARD:
a. Matt Sweeny, Ken Howard, Grant McConnell and Atty. Farrington met with Chris Rearick regarding the Comprehensive Plan Aug. 20.
b. Gary Risch attended the Planning Commission Meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 1.
c. The Board of Supervisors met for an Executive Session at the Township Building with their Solicitor and Township Engineer to discuss personnel matters on Wednesday, September 8.
6 – APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of the August 11, 2021, Regular Monthly Meeting of the Buffalo Township Board of Supervisors, as recorded
7 – ACCEPTANCE OF THE TREASURER’S REPORT FOR AUGUST 1-31, 2021 INCLUSIVE FOR AUDIT
8 – MOTION TO PAY THE MONTHLY BILLS
ADDITION: Addition of New Business #9: Approval of advertisement for Traffic Impact Fee Ordinance related to Comprehensive Plan Update
- MOTION TO ADOPT AMENDMENT #1 TO ORDINANCE #125 REGARDING SMOKE & DYE TESTING.
- MOTION TO SET DATE/TIME FOR BUFFALO TOWNSHIP’S TRICK OR TREAT NIGHT ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 31ST, 2021 FROM 6:00 PM TO 8:00 PM. Residents wishing to participate are asked to turn their porch lights on.
- EMPLOYEE PENSION PLANS FOR YEAR BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2022. Motion approving Police Pension Plan Minimum Municipal Obligation Form at $110,097.00 for year beginning January 1, 2022. Motion approving non-uniformed Employees Pension Plan Minimum Municipal Obligation Form at $93,408.00 for year beginning January 1, 2022.
- MOTION TO APPROVE ADVERTISING AND SETTING DATE/TIME FOR BUDGET WORKSHOP IN OCTOBER.
- MOTION TO PAY REGISTRATION FEES AND EXPENSES for those Officials attending the Butler County Association of Township Officials Fall Convention on Thursday, October 28th, 2021. This Convention will replace the 2020 and 2021 Spring Conventions as well as the 2020 Fall Convention. This will be an all-day event to be held at the Butler Country Club.
- ANNOUNCEMENT: THE 2021 BUTLER COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF TOWNSHIP OFFICIALS FALL SAFETY SEMINAR HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
- MOTION TO AUTHORIZE SUBMITTAL OF THE SPC TASA PRE-APPLICATION GRANT APPLICATION FOR STREAM BANK STABILIZATION ALONG THE BUTLER-FREEPORT COMMUNITY TRAIL.
- ANNOUNCEMENT: BUFFALO CREEK WATER FESTIVAL TO BE HELD SEPTEMBER 18, 2021 FROM 10 AM TO 3 PM AT THE AUDUBONS NEW BUFFALO CREEK NATURE PARK LOCATED AT 154 MONROE ROAD, SARVER, PA 16055.
- ADDITION: APPROVAL OF ADVERTISEMENT FOR TRAFFIC IMPACT FEE ORDINANCE RELATED TO COMPREHENSIVE PLAN UPDATE
REMARKS FROM THE FLOOR ADJOURNMENT