Board of Supervisors RMM & Adoption of the 2019 Buffalo Twp. Budget of All Funds at 7:30 pm
12 December 2018
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING – DECEMBER 12, 2018 – AGENDA – 7:30 P.M.
ADOPTION OF THE 2019 BUDGET OF ALL FUNDS
1 – CALL THE DECEMBER 12, 2018 REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING OF
THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS TO ORDER
2 – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3 – THIS MEETING IS BEING RECORDED
4 – IF ANYONE IS TAPING THIS MEETING, PLEASE STATE YOUR NAME
5 – ROLL CALL
6 – ANNOUNCEMENT OF EXECUTIVE SESSIONS; PERSONNEL; AND/OR
INFO-GATHERING MEETINGS OF THE BOARD
a. The Board of Supervisors met with their Solicitor after the Special Meeting regarding personnel issues on Nov. 20
b. Ron Zampogna, Gary Risch, Albert Roenigk and John Zurisko met with Penn DOT regarding Ralston Road concerns on Nov. 3
c. The Board of Supervisors met with their Solicitor in the Township Municipal Building on Dec. 12.
7 – APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES from the November 14, 2018 Regular Monthly Meeting
and the November 20, 2018 Special Meeting of the Buffalo Township Board of Supervisors
8 – ACCEPTANCE OF THE TREASURER’S REPORT FOR NOVEMBER 1-30, 2018
INCLUSIVE FOR AUDIT
9 – MOTION TO PAY THE MONTHLY BILLS
PROPOSED 2019 BUDGET OF ALL FUNDS
- VARIOUS REQUESTS FOR INCLUSION IN THE 2019 BUDGET WERE RECEIVED.
- CHAIRMAN TO ASK FOR QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/SUGGESTIONS from resident’s present, regarding the Supervisor’s Line Item Allocations and/or the Total Township Budget.
- POSSIBLE MOTION TO ADOPT THE 2019 BUFFALO TWP. BUDGET OF ALL FUNDS – RESOLUTION #2018
- POSSIBLE MOTION TO ADOPT TAX RESOLUTION #2018-8, which establishes the 2019 tax rates, as follows:
½% Earned Income Tax ½% Real Estate Transfer Tax
$47 Local Services Tax
$10 Per Capita Tax (all persons 18 yrs. of age and older)
Buffalo Twp. Real Estate Tax – 5.5 ML
- DISCUSSION/POSSIBLE MOTION TO APPROVE BID FOR THE TRUCK GARAGE REPAIR MUNICIPAL COMPLEX CONTRACT NUMBER 18-1.
- DISCUSSION/POSSIBLE MOTION TO APPROVE BID FOR THE SUNNY LANE CUL-DE-SAC IMPROVEMENTS CONTRACT NUMBER 18-2.
- DISCUSSION/POSSIBLE MOTION TO APPROVE SETTING FEE FOR SOLAR PANELS.
- MOTION TO APPROVE THE SALE OF THE BUFFALO EMS PROPERTY TO RONALD J. JACK, KIMBERLY L. SMITH & JOHN JASON JACK.
- SET REGULAR MONTHLY MEETINGS: Motion to set Regular Monthly Meetings at 7:30 pm, the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of the month. The months of June, July, August, November & December will be the 2nd Wednesday only. The Reorganization Meeting is January 6, 2020 with the Regular Monthly Meeting to immediately follow.
- ANNOUNCEMENT: II-VI WILL BE TESTING THEIR COMMUNITY EARLY WARNING SYSTEM ON FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14 AND SATURDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2018 AT NOON ON BOTH DAYS.
- RESIGNATION LETTER FROM RAY SMETANA, PLANNING COMMISSION CHAIRMAN.
REMARKS FROM THE FLOOR ADJOURNMENT