Board of Supervisors Regular Monthly Meeting at 7:30 pm
11 March 2020
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING – AGENDA – MARCH 11, 2020 -7:30 PM
1 – CALL THE MARCH 11, 2020 REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING OF
THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS TO ORDER
2 – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3 – THIS MEETING IS BEING RECORDED. IF ANYONE IS TAPING THIS
MEETING, PLEASE STATE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS
4 – ROLL CALL
5 – ANNOUNCEMENT OF EXECUTIVE SESSIONS; PERSONNEL; AND/OR INFO-
GATHERING MEETINGS OF THE BOARD
a. Ron Zampogna, Matthew Sweeny, Albert Roenigk, Gary Risch, Michael Oehling and John Gaydos met for the Annual Road Tour on Sunday, Mar. 1.
b. Gary Risch attended the Planning Commission Meeting on Wednesday, Mar. 4.
c. The Board of Supervisors met with their Solicitor in the Township Municipal Building on Wednesday, Mar. 11.
6 – APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES from the February 12, 2020 Regular Monthly Meeting
and of the Buffalo Township Board of Supervisors as recorded
7 – ACCEPTANCE OF THE TREASURER’S REPORT FOR FEBRUARY 1-29, 2020
INCLUSIVE FOR AUDIT
8 – MOTION TO PAY THE MONTHLY BILLS
1. POSSIBLE MOTION TO APPROVE NESSELROAD CONDITIONAL USE REQUEST.
2. DISCUSSION/POSSIBLE MOTION TO APPROVE ADVERTISING FOR OPEN ROAD CREW POSITION.
1. POSSIBLE MOTION TO APPROVE PERFORMANCE BOND #S322532 REDUCTION REQUEST NO. 2 WHICH IS CURRENTLY IN THE AMOUNT OF $237,444.30 FOR SARVER’S MILL PHASE 5 BY THE MERITAGE GROUP.
2. LETTER OF REQUEST FROM BUTLER LIONS CLUB REQUESTING PERMISSION TO USE THE TRAIL FROM FATHER MARINARO PARK TO VOGLEYVILLE ROAD ON OCTOBER 5TH, 2020. THEY WILL USE THE BUFFALO CREEK HALF MARATHONS WAIVER FORM THAT HAD BEEN APPROVED BY THE TOWNSHIP SOLICITOR. BUFFALO TOWNSHIP WILL BE NAMED IN THE WAIVER.
3. LETTER OF REQUEST FROM BUTLER-FREEPORT COMMUNITY TRAIL COUNCIL REQUESTING PERMISSION TO PLACE THE COOPER’S STATION CABOOSE BETWEEN THE LOT AND PAVILLION IN CABOT. THE TRAIL COUNCIL CARRIES LIABILITY INSURANCE.
4. LETTER OF REQUEST FROM BUFFALO TOWNSHIP PARKS AND RECREATION COMMITTEE REQUESTING PERMISSION TO HAVE THEIR 10TH ANNUAL VETERANS DAY 5K/10K RACE ON NOVEMBER 7, 2020. IT WILL BE HELD ALONG THE BUTLER-FREEPORT COMMUNITY TRAIL AS IN PAST YEARS. THE RACE COURSE IS MEASURED AND CERTIFIED.
5. LETTER OF REQUEST FROM THE FREEPORT INTERNATIONAL BASEBALL INVITATIONAL ASKING FOR PERMISSION TO USE A 1 MILE SECTION OF THE BUTLER-FREEPORT COMMUNITY TRAIL FOR THE ADDITION OF A 10 K RACE IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE FIBI JOHNNY COSSY 5 K RACE, JULY 25TH AT 9:00 AM. THIS WOULD BE FROM LANEVILLE UP THE TRAIL AND BACK TO FREEPORT. FIBI WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR TRAFFIC CONTROL.
6. DISCUSSION REGARDING A WELDER.
7. DISCUSSION/POSSIBLE MOTION TO APPROVE BUTLER COUNTY PROPERTY & REVENUE DELINQUENT TAX SALE OF PARCEL NO. 040-SX-00000005.
8. DISCUSSION REGARDING ASSIGNMENT OF DEVELOPER’S AGREEMENT AND LAND DEVELOPMENT APPROVAL FROM WEAVER MASTER BUILDERS, INC. TO HERITAGE CROSSINGS PARTNERS, L.P.
9. DISCUSSION/POSSIBLE MOTION REGARDING APPLYING FOR DCNR GRANT FOR THE BUTLER-FREEPORT COMMUNITY TRAIL.
TWIN OAKS PRD NO. 1 PHASE 2 – REVISED FINAL SITE/SUBDIVISION PLAN
Lennon, Smith, Souleret Engineering Inc. is submitting the proposed Twin Oaks PRD No. 1 Phase 2 Revised Final Site/Subdivision Plan located on 44 acres on the eastern side of Hepler Road in Buffalo Township, Butler County, PA. The Tentative PRD approval was granted in 2016 for 98 single-family homes (AKA Rolling Ridge). In 2017, Phase One was granted Final approval and construction was initiated. The Tentative Approval called for 37 lots in Phase
One, 21 lots in Phase 2 and 40 lots in Phase 3. Due to the rate of lot sales, the developer will be constructing the original Phase Three as the new Phase Two. The prior Phase Two will now become Phase 3. The basic layout of the lots and number of lots for Phase 2 formally Phase 3 has not changed. The PRD Site Data Chart has been updated with the new phasing. The cumulative density and percentage of open space still falls in the allowable PRD standards.
Rec’d Application: From previous submission
Rec’d Filing Fee: From previous submission
Rec’d 5 Copies of the Plan (Revised Plan)
*** Fee In Lieu of
Rec’d Butler County Planning Commission Comments
Rec’d Municipal Authority of Buffalo Township Comments
Rec’d Bankson Engineer Comments
Rec’d Planning Commission Comments
REMARKS FROM THE FLOOR ADJOURNMENT