Board of Supervisors Meeting at 7:30 pm
13 March 2019
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING – MARCH 13, 2019 – AGENDA – 7:30 P.M.
1 – CALL THE MARCH 13, 2019 REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS TO ORDER
2 – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3 – THIS MEETING IS BEING RECORDED
4 – IF ANYONE IS TAPING THIS MEETING, PLEASE STATE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS
5 – ROLL CALL
6 – ANNOUNCEMENT OF EXECUTIVE SESSIONS; PERSONNEL; AND/OR INFO-GATHERING MEETINGS OF THE BOARD
(a) The Board of Supervisors met with their Solicitor in the Township Municipal Building on Mar. 13.
7 – APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES from the February 13, 2019 Regular Monthly Meeting of the Buffalo Township Board of Supervisors as recorded
8 – ACCEPTANCE OF THE TREASURERS REPORT FOR FEBRUARY 1-28, 2019 INCLUSIVE FOR AUDIT.
9 – MOTION TO PAY THE MONTHLY BILLS
1. DISCUSSION/MOTION TO APPROVE FEE SCHEDULE FOR SOLAR PANELS TABLED AT JANUARY 7, 2019 MEETING.
- RETROACTIVE MOTION TO APPROVE RESOLUTION #2019-7 AUTHORIZING APPLICATION TO THE PENNSYLVANIA MUNICIPAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM FOR REIMBURSEMENT OF EXPENSES REGARDING THE FLOODPLAIN ORDINANCE.
- DISCUSSION/POSSIBLE MOTION TO SET DATE FOR THE 2019 SPRING ROAD TOUR.
- LETTER OF REQUEST FROM ROBERT G. BARRAGE, SCOUTMASTER, BIRDVILLE TROOP 186 FOR BUFFALO TOWNSHIPS HELP IN HONORING THREE BOYS WHO WILL SOON BE AWARDED THE RANK OF EAGLE SCOUT THROUGH THE ISSUE OF THE TOWNSHIPS USUAL CITATION.
- MOTION TO APPROVE QUALIFYING INDIVIDUALS FOR VOLUNTEER SERVICE TAX CREDIT.
- MOTION TO APPROVE NOMINATING RENEE ALCHIER TO THE PARKS AND RECREATION COMMITTEE.
- DISCUSSION REGARDING AMENDMENT TO THE A-2 ACCESS MANAGEMENT OVERLAY DISTRICT.
- DISCUSSION REGARDING THE PROPOSED PROPERTY MAINTENANCE ORDINANCE.
- DISCUSSION REGARDING 3 BAY TRUCK GARAGE.
PROPOSED AMENDMENT #1 TO ZONING ORDINANCE #135
Garvin is proposing to rezone his property located at 339 N. Pike Road. The property is a total of 2.744± acres and is currently zoned “A-1”, he is proposing to change it to “B-2”. The present use of the property is vacant land and J. Garvin is proposing that it be used for retail.
Rec’d Petition for Amendment to Zoning Change
Rec’d Filing Fee
Rec’d Legal Description of Property
Rec’d Map, showing location of property
Rec’d List of property owners within 300’
Rec’d Butler County Planning Commission Comments: BCPC had no comments on the proposed zoning petition.
Rec’d Municipal Authority of Buffalo Township Comments: Public water and sewage is unavailable at the vacant property at 339 N. Pike Road.
Rec’d Bankson Engineer Comments: The subject property for the proposed Retail use is located within the A-1 Agricultural District and the A-2 Access Management Overlay District. The applicant desires to have the subject property rezoned to B-2 Central Business District to accommodate a retail Use. Retail Sales is a Permitted Use in the B-2 Central Business District. The B-2 Central Business District abuts the rear side of the subject property; the proposed zoning change would not be considered spot zoning. If the zoning change is granted, the applicant shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Zoning Ordinance for B-2 Central Business District and A-2 Access Management Overlay District.
Rec’d Buffalo Township Planning Commission Comments: A favorable recommendation was made at the PC Meeting held 3/6/19.
REMARKS FROM THE FLOOR ADJOURNMENT